LIVE UPDATES: Negligence by the management of Domodedovo Airport enabled the 2011 terrorist attack on the airport, said Vladimir Markin, spokesman for the Investigative Committee. While a settlement has been reached between management of Domodedovo and the victims, the owner of the airport, Dmitry Kamenshchik, remains under house arrest.
Welcome to our column, Russia Update, where we will be closely following day-to-day developments in Russia, including the Russian government’s foreign and domestic policies.
The previous issue is here.
Recent Analysis and Translations:
– NATO Got Nothing From Conceding To Russia In the Past, Why Should It Cave To The Kremlin Now?
– Who is Hacking the Russian Opposition and State Media Officials — and How?
– Does it Matter if the Russian Opposition Stays United?
– Russian Foreign Minister Lavrov Has Invented A Version Of History To Meet His Needs
– Getting The News From Chechnya â The Crackdown On Free Press You May Have Missed