A forum of Antikvariat.ru, a site about military collectibles and historical re-enactment of battles moderated by former separatist commander Col. Igor Strelkov and tied to his VKontakte community “Strelkov’s Dispatches” shows signs of deletion of posts on July 17, 2014, the day flight MH17 was downed likely by Russian-backed separatists. Meanwhile, another social media group on VKontakte also mistakenly reported the downing of a “Ukrainian plane” last July 17.
Welcome to our column, Russia Update, where we will be closely following day-to-day developments in Russia, including the Russian government’s foreign and domestic policies.
The previous issue is here.
– ‘I Was on Active Duty’: Interview with Captured GRU Officer Aleksandrov
– Meet The Russian Fighters Building A Base Between Mariupol And Donetsk
– ‘There Was No Buk in Our Field’
– With Cash and Conspiracy Theories, Russian Orthodox Philanthropist Malofeyev is Useful to the Kremlin
Russia This Week:
– Is ‘Novorossiya’ Really Dead?
– From Medal of Valor to Ubiquitous Propaganda Symbol: the History of the St. George Ribbon
– What Happened to the Slow-Moving Coup?
– Can We Be Satisfied with the Theory That Kadyrov Killed Nemtsov?
– All the Strange Things Going On in Moscow
Please help The Interpreter to continue providing this valuable information service by making a donation toward our costs.